They say that one of the cheapest and healthiest way to lose weight is by drinking more water everyday. It was quite a shock when I first heard about it, because I was expecting a more complicated answer but water. But after reading articles, and after trying it out for myself here's what I learned about water and weight loss:
- Substituting your high caloric drinks to water, saves you the extra calories to lose. With that little healthy change, pays a big benefit to your health and to your overall weight loss.
- Drinking more water helps detoxify your body. Burning calories creates toxins, water flushes them out. Drinking water keeps you hydrated which is important in fat-burning process too.
- Drinking more means eating less because it gives you the feeling full more quickly.
To be completely honest here, drinking water for me is such a challenge. I never liked drinking water but because I am all about changing to a better healthier lifestyle so I'm giving it a go go. My tips and tricks:
- Set an alarm on your phone telling you to drink a glass of water with 2 hours interval. Until it becomes automatic.
- always carry cute water tumblers anywhere you go, in that way it makes it easier to remember and very accessible.
- Drink a glass of water
- after you wake up and before you sleep
- before and after showers
- before, in the middle and after meals
I researched about drinks with their caloric counts and here's what I got.
|Smoothie, Strawberries & Bananas, Innocent||1 Bottle/250ml||143|
|Cola, Coke, Coca-Cola||1 Can/330ml||142|
|Juice, Orange, with Bits, Tropicana||1 Bottle/330ml||141|
|Juice Drink, J20, Orange & Passion Fruit, Britvic||1 Bottle/275ml||132|
|Diet Coke||1 Serving/275ml||52|
|Chocolate Drink, Dry, Cadbury||1 Sachet/10g||37|
|Coffee, Infusion, Average, With Semi Skimmed Milk||1 Cup/220ml||14|
|Tea, Earl Gray, Infusion With Water||1 Mug/250ml||3|
|Water, Mineral or Tap||1 Glass/250ml||0|
Wouldn't you say, the healthiest drink by far is WATER, the perfect zero calorie drink...
How much water do you drink everyday?
Lets all stay healthy.