If you have a round face like most Asians are, let me welcome you to the club *hugskissesmwah*.... I feel you. I feel you.
Do you envy those faces with Oval shapes? The ones who can get away with any hairstyles? Me too. That's the reason why I'm always hesitant to get haircuts. You can read it here. I'm too scared to walk out of the salon full faced, you know what I mean? The chubby chubby cheeks, the more now that I've gained weight.
But hey I'm proud to say, I finally braved my way to the salon to get a haircut. And I now know what hairstyle suits my round face best.
|I know... few more months and Rapunzel will hate me lol|
Here is what I learned, there's really no need to hate our round face, we just have to know some tricks and tips so we can embrace what we have and focus on making us confident and gorgeous. As they say make the most of what we have.
The most basic principle on hairstyles for a round face is:
Get a hair cut that deflects the roundness of the face.
Stay away from Big- Hair looks. Its just not for us.
Here are some tips and tricks I want to share with you. :
- Long Hair- because it lengthens the face. (Now you know why I always wear my hair long.)
- Straight Hair- because it doesn't add body to the side of the face.
- Long Layers and uneven cuts that starts at the earlobes or lower
This hairstyles can be tricky to most of us but is still doable:
- Curls add volume to your face, but if you insist on having one, it should begin below the lips. Cut in layers to weigh it down and make sure to grow it a couple inches or more below your chin.
- Bangs- go for side swept bangs
- Bobs- go for long bobs that are at least 2 inches longer than the jawline
What cut did I get? I chopped off 5 inches of my hair. Had a side bangs that drop chin level. And since I have thick hair, I asked for long layers to soften my face .
I'm loving my new hair.
Somehow getting a new haircut renewed me in so many ways and it inspired me to love me more. So dramatic right? but that's how I truly feel. We devoted mothers and wives deserve all the pampering, after all a Happy Mommy = Happy Family.